- Concert Orchestra received a plaque with a Bronze rating
- Symphonic Orchestra received a plaque with a Bronze rating
- Sinfonia Orchestra received a 3rd Place plaque with a Silver rating
- Philharmonic Orchestra received a 1st Place plaque with a Gold rating
- Outstanding Orchestra Group Trophy, given to the orchestra program that received the highest performance scores throughout the festival
- Adjudicator’s Award Trophy, given to the combined school orchestra/band/choir program that received the highest combined performance scores throughout the festival
- Maestro Award Trophy, given to violinist Alexander Bills for his excellent leadership and performance
2023 Orlando Competition
Congratulations to the orchestra, band, and choir students for a wonderful trip to Orlando this past weekend! Below is a list of the awards the orchestra won as part of the Heritage WorldStrides competition:
Congratulations to the students listed below for their acceptance into this year’s All-Virginia Orchestra! Students auditioned this past weekend at JMU and will head down to the Richmond Convention Center for rehearsals and a prestigious performance from April 27-29th.
Ryan Chun, violin
Birka Chun, violin
Christina Wu, cello
Lea Kung, harp (alternate)
Kian Choi, Bb clarinet
The orchestra is very proud of these students for representing the Highlanders at the state level!
Congratulations to the following students who auditioned for and were accepted into the 2022-2023 Senior District 12 Honors Orchestra, which will take place on January 13 & 14th at Langley High School:
Angelika Tzioumis, concertmistress
Guillermo Javierre Carmona
Orchestra Spirit Wear - on sale now!
Items will be discounted starting November 7th through the holiday season - the perfect time to purchase a gift for your child!
Congratulations are in order to the following students who auditioned for and were accepted into the 2022 Northern Virginia Senior Regional Orchestra! The students listed below auditioned alongside students from Fairfax County, Arlington County, Alexandria City, private and home schools and have been chosen to perform in a full symphony under the direction of Dr. Soo Han on November 12th at West Potomac HS. McLean High School is extremely proud to have had so many talented students accepted into this prestigious orchestra!
Birka Chen, 1st chair 2nd violin
Ryan Chun, 1st violin
Alexandra Glass, 2nd violin
Michelle Kim, 2nd violin
Audrey Zheng, alternate
Christina Wu, 1st chair
Lea Kung, harp 2
Goldie Woods, alternate
The McLean High School Orchestra Program seeks to develop individual musical artistry, ensemble excellence, and promote a life-long enjoyment of music in each young person. This important goal cannot be attained without a sincere desire, effort, and commitment from each orchestra member.